Wednesday, September 29, 2010

#82 Dus Bahane

#82 Dus Bahane
Zayed Khan and Abhishek Bachchan



Several years ago I was flipping through the channels and then I ran across a show called Namaste America which features the best of Bollywood music. And I saw the video for a song called Dus Bahane. It was really cool, kind of looked like an action movie. So, the next week I caught it again and saw that it was from a sound track to a movie called Dus.

I looked up the movie and soon it was on the top of my Netflix queue. As an American you don’t expect much from non-American action movies, but DUS delivers in every way. Now back to the song, sung by the two stars of the movie Zayed Khan and Abhishek Bachchan. It is traditional for Bollywood stars to sing in their movies and Khan and Bachchan really deliver. Much like their characters their styles are very different, Khan is more hi-pitched and poppish while Bachchan is a cool baritone. I don’t think Bachchan is much of a singer (but he is a better actor). The song is sung half in Hindi and half in English, so I really have no idea what the song is about, but the beat is great and I want to dance to it. And dance to it in a room of other people all dancing in sync with me.

I thought of this song when we were watching the new NBC show Outsourced and during the opening sequence there was a Bollywood style song and Olivia started dancing.

1 comment: