Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#98

Gotta Serve Somebody
Bob Dylan



I'll admit it I don't like a lot of things that other people like. On
of those things is Bob Dylan.

I never found him to be a genius or whatever, he just outlived his
contemporaries. He doesn't really do anything for me. Seriously, this
great songwriter sings in a way that you can't understand his lyrics.
That being said one of his songs is on this list.

I first heard Gotta Serve Somebody on an episode of the Sopranos. Its
true no matter who you are or where you are in the pecking order there
is someone (or something) above you. In terms of the Sopranos, "the
Boss" Tony has to answer to the boss in New York, to his wife and to
his own conscience.

But I digress, the musically the song flows along like a walk in the
park. A real cool bass line. The lyrics are so great, he knows that
even though he is a huge rock star that he has to listen to the record
company executives. Its a good lesson to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment